Subtle, but Sexy Smoky Eye using ELF Mad for Matte

For Christmas, my friend Jami surprised me with this palette.

Because she's the best.
Because she seems to have this knack to know what colors would look great on me.
Because she firmly believes that some of the best makeup you can find is at the drugstore.
I agree with her on that one...only because I've never bought expensive makeup to compare. #Cheap With the vast amount of makeup knowledge she has, I'll take her word.


Ain't this purdy?

I've worn no other eyeshadows since opening the package. I'm sold. I'm committed. Give me these colors for the rest of my life and I won't sway from them.

I considered doing make up videos using this palette on my channel, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to motivate myself.
Actual Reason: The past makeup videos I have done I've been grossly unimpressed with how I portray myself.
I come off sloppy, unintelligent, distracted...even though those three words make great adjectives to my day-to-day life, that doesn't mean I need to be like that on camera, for crying out loud. 
#MotherOf3
(#WasLikeThisBeforeChildren)

But then another part of me is all, "Well, you're being REAL, so."

...so, in other words, I may do these makeup looks in the future, on my channel.
#TheStruggleIsReal

But for now I'm going to show you how to make a subtle, but sexy, smoky eye, using three colors from this palette.



If you'd like to see a video of me with this exact look, click here! In this video I talk about how I create the perfect eyebrow color to match my red hair; answering my most frequently asked question.

Do you have this palette?

What are your thoughts?

What are your favorite colors?

2 comments:

  1. I really want this and I have expensive makeup that I'm starting to think is way over rated!!! What's your wear time with these shadows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I wear them all day without a problem. So, maybe 8 hours before it starts to fade. A tip to keep them lasting longer is to use an eye shadow primer. I don't, not for any real reason other than I just haven't stumbled across a shadow primer that I've liked. I don't put powder over my foundation and therefore use the tackiness of that as a primer. The shadows would probably apply better and last longer if I did.
      It's definitely worth the ten dollars, if you ask me. :)I'm considering getting the Mad for Matte 2 palette!

      Delete