No Makeup Selfie

Have you seen the Instagram posts of those joining the no makeup selfie trend?

Have you joined them?

I wear makeup daily.

That's right, DAILY.
And I sleep in my makeup. 
I know.
"It's wrong." Funny how friends still tell me that's wrong to do.
Am I gonna change it.
Probably not. 

One day, a couple years ago, I didn't wear makeup, thinking I was safe (or that those living in the outside world was) until I had an unexpected errand to run. I was so mortified, thinking everyone at the location I was at would die from their eyes burning outside of their heads at the sight of me.

Since that time, I have realized that I don't look THAT bad and that honestly, people don't care all that much about whether you wear makeup or not.

But lately I've been seeing these posts of ladies showing some sultry pout with a completely bare face. 

And then I started seeing more. 

And while most of these women are women who have had work done on their face, skin, teeth, lips, and what-have-you, they aren't the regular day-to-day women who have under or overgrown brows, unsightly mustache hair, peach fuzz on places that a face shouldn't have them, wrinkles that NEED makeup to cover, zits in abundance (ahem, even at the ripe age of 31), and yellowish teeth, which, thank God, we got lips to cover. 

Most of us are just average and yes, we're still beautiful! Just as beautiful as the next woman. All in our own unique way.
But just because we like wearing makeup and don't care to join this raging trend doesn't mean that we love ourselves any less than those with the confidence and natural beauty who are enjoying this time of being empowered without their makeup on. 

Do you like to wear makeup? Then wear it, dang it. 
Why follow the crowd?

Do you like not wearing makeup? Then don't, dang it.

All in all, what matters is the heart, not the face, anyway. :)


0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment