What I learned this summer

Three months travel in the blink of an eye, doesn't it?

I remember my friend counting down the days to his cruise. We were in the bone-dry, dead of winter, and my friend was dreaming of the Spring. My mind pictured a calendar, each month titling a square page and inside this square, 30 little squares lined in rows of four and five. I tried to imagine us jumping months ahead in this calendar, to a new season, when we seemed so stuck in this one.

"Five more days!" He said a week later.

No, it wasn't a week later, but it certainly felt that way.

"Dang, Rocky! Is it really happening this soon?"

"Can't happen soon enough!" He said with a smile.


Then there are those times when it seems like three months couldn't be any longer. Like the last three months of high school. I can't tell you how those days dragged, each hour felt like 3 hours, I felt like every teacher used all the effort in their power to make the hours feel like chinese water torture, monotony, and my backpack heavy with extra homework.

Hindsight tells me that this wasn't so. But it sure seemed like those days would never end.

And once it did, I ran off to college and since then, my life has been running at the speed of light.

For the most part. ;)

This summer was one of those seasons that wasn't slow, but I learned a lot from.

The first thing I was certain about, going into this summer, was that it was NOT going to be like last summer.

Come see what I am talking about and hear what I have learned!


0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment