Mercury is in retrograde....hooray...

I'm still in process of proofreading. Please be patient with me as I make changes over the next few days. :)

I don't know much about astrology.

All I know is that the full moon can give me anxiety...even though I usually feel the effects of the full moon a couple days before. I don't know why that is...I don't know why a lot of things are. They just...

ARE.

For all those that say that the full moon and the "tales" that happen during the full moon (example: heightened violence--police reports, increase of women going into labor, people having exceptionally bad days) is nothing but that, just tales, I must disagree.

I did a video about it a year or two ago but the video has since gone "unlisted" (here's a short post about it instead). Long story. If you read my most popular posts, you'd probably gather why that is. But the long and the short of the video was this:

The full moon does affect people.

And just as the full moon affects people, so does what is called Mercury in Retrograde.

Here's a definition of what that is:

It's because Mercury rules communication, clear thinking, truth and travel, so when the planet goes retrograde — which means that it looks like it's going backwards in the sky — all those things go backwards. They start to get ugly and tangle up.
(Source by Gala Darling: http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-survive-mercury-retrograde/)

Urban Dictionary put it into these words:

A three week period in which the planet Mercury to appears to be in backwards motion. 
During this time human beings experience many adverse effects, such as memory loss, loss of time, loss of items, loss of common sense. As for technology many unexpected glitches occur during this time, such as software crashes and emails getting lost 


One lady I am subscribed to on YouTube posted this video and goes into even better detail as to what Mercury Retrograde is:

Thanks Kendall!

(Please Note: Some--albeit very little--language is used)


If you were to ask me, Mercury in Retrograde is nothing but a three-week-long full moon.

I'm affected the same.
I get just as much anxiety, if not more.

I remember a week ago a friend posting on Facebook about Mercury being in retrograde and while I scrolled through my newsfeed and caught a glimpse of her post the thought that crossed my mind was, "AGAIN?"

This unfortunate season happens three to four times a year.

The last one covered May and June and I still carry scars from the mess that had me in. I was counting down the DAYS and then the HOURS until it was over. I woke up to anxiety. I felt it all day long. I slept to avoid it, only to bring morning sooner with more anxiety.




Well, a couple weeks ago I noticed something.

A lot of the people I normally come in contact with have been acting irritable, stressed, absent-minded, or lax. 
Even people I hardly know seemed to give off the impression that they are on edge.

This started with my friend that I see maybe once or twice a week at the gym. A couple weeks ago he stopped keeping up with our usual conversations. Usual conversations = the weather (literally), work, hobbies, what we did for the weekend and what plans we have for the weekend.
Between those topics, we can keep a conversation going without a hiccup.
But last Monday he just stopped keeping up with the conversation. And I, in turn, had to drum up more topics to keep our chat going. It wasn't like he didn't want to talk to me, he just seemed stressed, like his mind was somewhere else. 

Another example is a good friend of mine. I haven't seen her in over two months, which is typical as she's very busy and between our two schedules, getting together is harder than we'd like. I finally saw her a few days ago but felt like the cohesiveness between us had been jilted. Even her husband seemed out of sorts. She left the activity we usually attend together without saying goodbye, sat in her car and didn't look up at me as I passed.

Another friend, whom I've known to be quiet and reserved was now rude, talked down to me and showed no remorse for it.

The neighbor's boyfriend, whom I've talked with a couple times, has been irritable the last two times we dropped the kids off at the bus stop.

And I could list several more.

"What is going ON?" I found myself saying the other day; a knot of confusion weighing down the pit of my stomach. I spent an afternoon wondering what I had done. Surely if the majority of people that I'm running into or talk to on a normal basis are not treating me the same as they usually do, then I'm the problem, right?

And then, while gathering groceries at the store it was as though an angel walked up and talked into my ear. My thoughts on what vegetables I needed to buy suddenly shifted. I found myself whispering under my breath as I exhaled, "Oh right...Mercury is in retrograde."


My friend, Jonelle, sent me this image. How perfect it is for explaining and preparing for the funk that we'll be put in.
Thanks, girl!


So if you ever find that you're going through a funk that's lasting longer than a week, consider that it could be Mercury in Retrograde...and know that it will soon be over, after those long, dragging three weeks of sun-rises and sunsets are done.

AND GOOD LUCK!

Note: Just as the full moon doesn't affect everyone, Mercury in Retrograde doesn't affect everyone either. While the last session of MR for me was terrible, I had friends who had little effect from it. While I have little effect from this round of MR, it seems like many of those around me are affected by it. It all boils down to astrology and where Mercury is stationed at the time of retrograde...which is information and details that go way over my head, as hard as I try to retain it.
Google is your friend though! What I can't help you with, it can.

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment