That darn full moon.

I completely forgot that today was the full moon.

I remembered that it was my friend's birthday!

I remembered that I have a dinner date tonight!

But come around 5:45 this evening, while making dinner, I realized that since the later afternoon, while folding laundry, I have been feeling overwhelmed and anxious, suddenly feeling like I am carrying too much and have no control over what is going on in my day. I feel buried under the knowledge of all the things I have to do within the next two weeks and feel so little and inadequate to be able to get it done. I begin critiquing how I acted today towards others, questioning how great of a mother I am, blaming myself for not being a better homemaker. I'm looking around and seeing so much housework that needs to be done and all of it, my fault, and believing only I am the one who is to tackle it.

As I go to check the dinner that's cooking in the oven I get a thought that says, "Remember Ladee, it's the full moon." To which I hear myself sigh with relief and under my breath I mutter, "OH YEAH! Wasn't that supposed to happen this evening?"

I have the moon schedule on my calendar. I go to check and sure enough, right around the time I started feeling this overwhelming anxiety, was when it was officially the full moon (4:23pm).

I thought maybe I had been cured of this full moon garbage. The last two months I wasn't phased by it, I remember thinking, "Maybe I've outgrown all this. Maybe that was just a season in my life that is now over." Pffffft, what wishful thinking.

Regardless, one thing is for certain, this only lasts a day and tomorrow, I will be up and feeling like my old self.

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment