Back in the Myspace day...of 2003

The days of Myspace seem forever ago, don't they?


Myspace was started in 2003 and I can't recall which year I created an account but I believe by the time I did, I already had a child or two and looking back on those days with little children, I barely remember much of it, let alone how active I was on something as "strange" and "new" as a social media website, as exciting as it was.

But one thing I do remember are the questionnaires. And how I loved to answer them.

I was that one that would find the longest questionnaires possible as I assumed everyone was chomping at the bit to read my answers; to know that much more about me than I was already willing to spill--if they would just ask!

Since I'm one who loves to ask people questions, I just assumed that people would be tickled pink to know that I've saved them the hassle of asking me these minute questions that they must have bottled up within them, awaiting the moment for when the time was right to ask, because surely, everyone wants to know me in full detail. I envisioned all my top friends intently staring at their computer screen, drinking in every last answer I wrote, ignoring their phone, tuning out the TV, in full suspense as to how I would answer each question...like an obsessed Britney fan would be during one of her interviews.

I had a bitter dose of reality when my top friends, when asked, would say they skimmed my questionnaires, or they never got around to reading it. How dare they take our friendship so lightly that they didn't care to know what my favorite color of socks are? That I prefer whole wheat to white! That I like being blond better than brunette! They should know that I'm in love with Ricky Martin and Shakira and that I don't want some country singer's CD, whom I never mentioned on any of my questionnaires, for my birthday! Gosh, who are these friends of mine?!

One day I was watching a favorite youtuber of mine do a 25 questioned tag and it took her nearly ten minutes to answer it. I then chuckled to myself, wondering how long it would take had we Myspacers took the time to answer the 100 questioned questionnaires via video.

And that's when I thought it would be fun to look up these old questionnaires and answer a shorter one for you.

Shakira is still a big part of my life. Some things never change.


0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment