Plaid and Stripes Outfit of the Day



Confession.



Which isn't really much of a confession because I'll tell this to just about anyone. But only when the time is right.



I absolutely love mixing patterns.



I don't have the best eye for it, or so I thought. And then I realized it didn't matter if I had any "eye" for it, as long as I enjoyed wearing it.



I originally was going to wear a stripes-and-floral outfit today because my all-time favorite pattern combo is that. I remember seeing that pattern as a small child and just being enamored by it--black and white stripes with a creamy, soft autumn floral pattern. Who thought up such genius?



I remember too seeing skirts (and shirts) that were black and white striped with bright colored flowers printed on them and thought that was the best marriage that ever happened in the universe.



But at the last minute, I changed my idea. I grabbed the $9 shawl I bought from the store yesterday. It was one of those items I saw sitting on the rack and prayed it would be cheap because it clearly told me it's coming home with me...along with Maybelline's (Red Revival 645) lipstick, which also makes an appearance today.



^^^Whoops, I forgot to hide my camera remote. ;)


I live for Fall. How I love the crisp of Autumn, the excitement it brings as we anticipate the holidays, watching the leaves fall from the trees in a myriad of colors and they crunch under soft boots as we walk to and from the mailbox.



This is the time when we stock up on the hot chocolate, gather those best fudge and cookie recipes for the holidays, and start the first fire of the year in the fireplace and pull out all those thick blankets to snuggle up in.


Oh yes. I've been waiting for this all year.

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment