Floral and Stripes *Business Causal* Outfit of the Day

So I bought a new lipstick and it's the deepest, darkest color these lips have ever worn.

I also dyed my hair...finally.
I'd thought I'd grow out the roots, keep my hair it's strawberry blond but I just couldn't stand it any longer.

Today I decided it would be fun to dress business-casual the Ladee way, of mixing patterns and loading up on the accessories.

But I had a problem.

Of all my necklaces and earrings, I couldn't find anything that was perfect for this outfit. I tried on almost every necklace of mine, from the chunkiest to the smallest, thinnest of chains.

Nothing looked right.

I finally settled on my white pearl earrings...they're my go-to for just about any look.

"I have to wear a necklace," I kept saying to myself, "I have to wear something to fill in the gap between my chin and belt..."

And then I realized the cause of this problem and why I could find no solution.

:::My lipstick:::

My lipstick had become so eye catching, that it turned into an accessory. Anything else I added around my neck, I felt, had become a competition to the statement my lips were. I even changed my belt three times after this one and then came back to it, because I wondered if it too would confuse those looking at me.

But I love this belt, and how it pulled off so crisp of colors underneath my warm-colored floral sweater, as well as gave my waist the definition that these slacks couldn't do if I belted them, that I wore it anyway, letting go the tug-of-war within my mind.

I went through these photos and just gushed over the simple, yet profound look this was...all because of my lipstick. I wonder how different this look would be had I chose a nude lip, or just chapstick.

My eye makeup is incredibly simple as well. I knew I would be wearing this lipstick and knew it would be a bold color, so I kept the eye makeup at a minimum, putting a light grey-brown on the crease and an under-dramatic dark-brown wing that extended just barely out of the corners of my eyes.

Scroll to the end to read all the details to this outfit, my new hair color, and the makeup that I used.

Have any questions on this look or would like to see another look, just ask! Comment down below. :)





















The Outfit (all prices are an estimation, but pretty accurate)
Sweater: GEORGE, from Walmart, $14 (which is actually more than I'd spend, but I just fell in love so hard, so fast, and had to have it)
Shirt: White House Black Market, gifted from friend
Slacks: Ann Taylor, also gifted from friend
Belt: Thrift store, turned backwards as it's originally polka-dotted as you can tell by the buckle. $2

Jewelry
Earrings: Walmart, they came in a pack of six, I think, in large and small pearls. Bought years ago. $5ish
Pearl bracelet: it's really a choker that is too big for my neck, bought at a garage sale with other jewery. $5
Watch: Walmart, $7, bought a year ago.
Thick leather band on wrist: bought in Mexico a year ago $5
Thin leather band on wrist: a birthday gift from one incredible friend
Floral bands that are hiding behind the leather bands: hair ties, can't have enough hair ties. From Walmart, came in a huge pack, the floral ones where the bonus, extra ones. $3
Oh, and on my right wrist I have a long, black ribbon tied around it. Because I like it. From off the floor LOL.

Nailpolish
Sinful Colors in the color Get It On. It's a matte finish, dries so fast! $2 at Walmart.

Rings
Left hand thumb: gift from friend
Left hand ring finger: wedding ring, from Mr Hunter, 13 1/2 years ago. $His drum set
Right hand thumb: mood ring bought from our cruise last year $8
Right hand middle finger: ring I bought on eBay for $5.

Shoes
Converse in a dark blue-grey. I wear these 99% of the time. Even at church if I can make it work with my outfit. Bought new a couple years ago for $45??? Can't remember.

Hair Dye
L'Oreal Preferences Intense Red Copper #RR07. One bottle was used, put all over the roots and then pulled the product towards the ends of my hair, creating an ombre look. I did a tutorial of this on my YouTube channel. $9

Makeup (most bought from Walmart)
Primer: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm (yep, aftershave--I'm serious folks, this is the best primer OUT THERE) $6, go get you some.
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay 24 hr in 110 Ivory (oily/combo skin), $12
Concealer: Maybelline Cover Stick in White, $4
Powder: Physicians Formula in Translucent Light $12
Contouring/Highlighting powders: Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche, $3 AND NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder in 701A Translucent to target my under eye bags, $3
Eyebrows: NYC eyebrow pencil in Rich Girl, $1 AND the warm tan eyeshadow in the Wet n Wild Birthday Suit palette, $6
Eyeshadow: Wet n Wild Comfort Zone 738 palette. I used the top right color, $5
Eyeliner: ELF liquid liner in Coffee, bought at the dollar store but originally is $2.
Blush: ELF Contouring blush and bronzer in Turks Caicos, $3
Maskara: Maybelline's Mega Plush in Brownish Black, $7 (ridiculous price, IMO)
LIPSTICK: Maybelline's Divine Wine, $7, applied with a brush for perfection (bought a pack of craft brushes for $5 at Walmart and used one of those). It goes on matte and stays on all day. It also stains your lips but I found rubbing it with some petroleum jelly helped remove it.

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment