Autumn Night Out Outfit of the Day

I absolutely love the Fall.

It's always been my favorite season.

I must confess I was quite thrilled when I realized that of all colors, autumn colors look the best on me. And I frequently question why, in heavens name, have I thought it best to avoid those colors my whole life.

I remember this realization catching me by surprise. I grew up wearing sweet pinks, soft blues, modest tans, whites and dainty floral patterns; anything that reeked of simple, sweet, and plain only to switch it up for greys, blacks, and deep cool colors when I tired of looking so "girly"...but never felt truly like I was wearing a piece that best represented ME.

I remember feeling like I was living on the wild side back in high school when I bought a pack of wacky-colored socks. I was then introduced to toe socks and found my life would never be the same. ;)

After that I branched out and bought more clothing with brighter colors and wilder patterns, things my friends wore and rocked in, but never anything AUTUMN colored.

I could never understand why I couldn't seem to pull off neon yellow like my close friend could. After band class we'd walk up to put our flutes away, catch our image in the full-length mirror that hung on the wall and I'd cringe over how my skin always looked splotchy.

I'm still uncertain if the cause was because I was wearing the wrong colors, the wrong makeup, or standing under the wrong (florescent) lighting in the band room.

Probably all of them.

Imagine my surprise when I realized how easy it was to wear autumn colors. How simple it was to wear makeup, to always have on hand the perfect color of blush and eye shadow. And how much I felt like my truest self in them.

But in all honesty, I rebel. I can't be confined to just some colors on the color wheel...

While autumn colors are a guideline, all colors I will wear.

And then I wear outfits like these and am reminded as to why I choose to wear anything thing else.

Details of my outfit listed below.





















The Outfit (all prices are an estimation, but pretty accurate)
Shirt: Long-sleeved and thick, brand is Faded Glory and was a gift from a friend who did like how it looked on her.
Sweater: LOFT, from a friend who was cleaning out her closet and knew this sweater would fit me.
Scarf: Charming Charlie, gift from a friend.
Jeans: Old Navy Diva skinny jeans-$25 I think? I bought them a couple summers ago.
Belt: Thrift store, $1
My socks! LOL, I think I got them from Target, in a pack of 6 for $9 or $10. ;)

Jewelry
Earrings: Walmart, called "Accessories" $2.88
Turquoise/orange/white beaded bracelets: Gift from my daughter
Watch: Walmart, $7, bought a year ago.
Thick leather band on wrist: bought in Mexico a year ago $5
Thin leather band on wrist: a birthday gift from one incredible friend. I love you, Rebecca!
Floral bands that are hiding behind the leather bands: hair ties, can't have enough hair ties. From Walmart, came in a huge pack, the floral ones where the bonus, extra ones. $3
Oh, and on my right wrist I have a long, black ribbon tied around it. Because I like it. From off the floor LOL.
Black beaded necklace: Bought at the thrift store years ago. Probably $1 or $2.

Nailpolish
Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry in 340 Cinna-snap. $4 at Walmart.

Rings
Left hand thumb: gift from friend
Left hand ring finger: wedding ring, from Mr Hunter, 13 1/2 years ago. $His drum set
Right hand middle finger: ring I bought on eBay for $5.

Shoes
Converse in a dark blue-grey. I wear these 99% of the time. Even at church if I can make it work with my outfit. Bought new a couple years ago for $45??? Can't remember.

Hair Dye
L'Oreal Preferences Intense Red Copper #RR07. One bottle was used, put all over the roots and then pulled the product towards the ends of my hair, creating an ombre look. I did a tutorial of this on my YouTube channel. $9

Makeup (most bought from Walmart)
Primer: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm (yep, aftershave--I'm serious folks, this is the best primer OUT THERE) $6, go get you some.
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay 24 hr in 110 Ivory (oily/combo skin), $12
Concealer: Maybelline Cover Stick in White, $4
Powder: Physicians Formula in Translucent Light $12
Contouring/Highlighting powders: Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche, $3 AND NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder in 701A Translucent to target my under eye bags, $3
Eyebrows: NYC eyebrow pencil in Rich Girl, $1 AND the warm tan eyeshadow in the Wet n Wild Birthday Suit palette, $6
Eyeshadow: Revlon Colorstay in 584 Surreal, the soft turquoise and white colors.
Eyeliner: ELF liquid liner in Coffee, bought at the dollar store but originally is $2.
Blush: ELF Contouring blush and bronzer in Turks Caicos, $3
Maskara: Maybelline's Mega Plush in Brownish Black, $7 (ridiculous price, IMO)
LIPSTICK: I put my foundation over my lips when putting it on my face and then used L.A. Colors lip gloss in Coral Crush, from the dollar store! $1

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment