Christmas Party Outfit Of The Day

I love Christmas.
It's my favorite time of the year.
I love the excited atmosphere it brings. I love the happiness it brings to my kiddos. I love all the treats and goodies and the joy we experience having our family to hold close as well as sometimes having the opportunity to go see our extended family.
I love how we realize how much our close friends have also become our family.
I love how much we do for each other during this time, to help "make the spirit bright".
I love the little "hush-hush" secrets that are kept to make sure that our special someone has no clue they're getting the gift you're giving, especially when you know they're going to love it.

I love dressing up all Christmassy during this time. I love that while red and green are opposites on the color wheel and should honestly be avoided being placed together, especially on an outfit, that this is my opportunity to happily break that unspoken rule and wear colors that only happen to look cohesive during this time of year.

I love that Christmas colors are more than just red and green. I've found that turquoise and light blue work as well. Christmas last year I painted my nails with these colors and if my memory is correct, I put a picture of it up on Instagram.

Yep, a poor filter was placed on it because it was taken in poor lighting. But you get what I was going for.


Needless to say, I took all opportunity to get my Christmas on and show it off to you.

Now I went simple on my makeup as I worried the outfit looked "loud" enough. But in looking at these photos, I could've gone with a more dramatic eye. Not too dramatic, but maybe a darker color eyeshadow and bolder wing.

I also kept the accessories on the simpler side. I wanted the outfit to speak and the accessories to enhance the colors I'm wearing.

What's your favorite Christmas outfit?

Outfit/accessories/makeup details DOWN BELOW.






















The Outfit (all prices are an estimation, but pretty accurate)
Shirt: ALLEN B, from a friend.
Sweater: New York Company, from same friend who gave me the shirt actually. LOL!
Skirt: Mossimo, from Target, on clearance for $9
Belt: Thrift store, $2
Nylons: Leggings in Nude, $5ish from Walmart

Jewelry
Earrings: Brash, from Payless Shoe Source, $3 clearance
Chevron bracelets: Gift from friend
Turquoise bead bracelet: Gift from my son
Watch: Walmart, $7, bought a year ago.
Thick leather band on wrist: bought in Mexico a year ago $5
Thin leather band on wrist: a birthday gift from one incredible friend. I love you, Rebecca!
Floral bands that are hiding behind the leather bands: hair ties, can't have enough hair ties. From Walmart, came in a huge pack, the floral ones where the bonus, extra ones. $3
Oh, and on my right wrist I have a long, black ribbon tied around it. Because I like it. From off the floor LOL.
White beaded necklace: Walmart, bought years ago, $5

Nailpolish
Revlon Colorstay in 290 Midnight, $8 (PRICEY, but too good to pass up)

Rings
Left hand thumb: gift from friend
Left hand ring finger: wedding ring, from Mr Hunter, 13 1/2 years ago. $His drum set

Shoes
Boots that I bought new a couple years ago, for $7, at the thrift store.

Hair Dye
L'Oreal Preferences Intense Red Copper #RR07. One bottle was used, put all over the roots and then pulled the product towards the ends of my hair, creating an ombre look. I did a tutorial of this on my YouTube channel. $9

Makeup (most bought from Walmart)
Primer: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm (yep, aftershave--I'm serious folks, this is the best primer OUT THERE) $6, go get you some.
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay 24 hr in 110 Ivory (oily/combo skin), $12
Concealer: Maybelline Cover Stick in White, $4
Powder: Physicians Formula in Translucent Light $12
Contouring/Highlighting powders: Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche, $3 AND NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder in 701A Translucent to target my under eye bags, $3
Eyebrows: NYC eyebrow pencil in Rich Girl, $1 AND the warm tan eyeshadow in the Wet n Wild Birthday Suit palette, $6
Eyeshadow: The white used on brow bone and lid is the white eyeshadow in NYC's Queen's Boulevard palette. The light brown shade is the camel-colored eyeshadow from NYC's Blue's Camel palette, each about $3
Eyeliner: NYC's black liquid liner, $2.
Blush: L'Oreal's True Match Blush, C5-6 Rosy Outlook, $8
Maskara: Maybelline's Mega Plush in Brownish Black, $7 (ridiculous price, IMO)
LIPSTICK: I put my foundation over my lips when putting it on my face and then used L.A. Colors lip gloss in Coral Crush, from the dollar store! $1

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment