My Little Nook

I found this beautiful, wannabe vintage desk (American Signature) and chair on craigslist this summer and like the wonderful person Mr Hunter is, helped me get it for cheaper than the asking price and said, "Tell the guy we'll be there in 30 minutes."

How I love that my husband can drop everything for a moment to do something for me, when he doesn't have to.


I probably spend most of my free time here. This is where I catch up with friends, edit my videos, write these blog posts and I even snapchat, frequently, from here. The glow from my laptop screen helps with my phone's poor resolution with indoor lighting. ;) That, or I'm lazy and would just prefer to live all day on this chair.


I learn from here, study from here, post about life and the hard times that can happen from here. I've laughed until I cried and I've been frustrated enough to scream and I've been full of tears that were of happiness and sorrow. This little nook knows just about all of my emotions better than any place on Earth.


I'm constantly grateful for the many blessings of the internet and for all that came along with it these years. But of all those things, I'm most grateful for the opportunity I, and many others have, to be able to be a blogger, to write, to share our innermost thoughts, our life, our tips, our laughs and cries in our little nook on the internet.


I met a man a couple weeks ago. I was looking for curtains through WalMart's clearance section. He was close by and came up to talk to me. He was an easy person to talk to; someone who, like me, loves to ask questions, loves to know about the lives of others, loves to know why we're here at this time and what that could possibly make of our destiny. One thing that stood out to me most is how his life was and is completely opposite of mine; his past, the now, and probably his future. And yet, our completely opposite lives brought us to a silly store, at the same time, in a random spot in the middle of WalMart.

After our conversation he asked, "So what are you going to do with all this knowledge you have?"

I wasn't sure the question he was asking. In my mind I'm thinking about how I praise my Lord and God for all the knowledge, blessings, LIFE that I have. So, if anything, I give thanks.

"You need to write it. All of it. And you need to let others know," he answered himself.

"Oh," I said, snapping myself out of my mind, "I already do that!"

He seemed genuinely pleased. "Good. You have a story to tell, an incredible mind, intuitive heart, and you can't live this life without writing it down."


For all those that are considering taking up journaling by writing, blogging, vlogging, a picture a day, voice recording or any form of documentation:
Start now.

There's no wrong way to portray what's on your mind. There's no wrong way to express how you feel. There's no rules in journaling. It's your life's history! It's The Story of You.

Trust Your Story.





...and document it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog tonight and wanted to say thanks for sharing your life and thoughts on-line. I love your creativity with clothing and makeup and agree with your thoughts on the 4 types. It is a shame that you were "told off" by the organization. I was intrigued by the whole "4 type" thing - while also driving myself crazy with it....the one thing that sours it for me is how overly protective they are about it all. Anyway...this was not meant to be a gripe session - I just wanted you to know that I love your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the sweetest comment! Thank you so much for writing! You've warmed my heart!
      I love The Four Types system, became obsessed with it, got hurt by the company, still love it but don't find that I used it much anymore. What the system taught me, in a weird, roundabout way, is that I don't need the system to know that every person is a wonderful, special being, on this earth to shine their own brightness for everyone to see. <3 The book helped me see that we are allowed to be the person we truly feel inside and once I looked at my friends without saying, "Gee, I think she's a 4" and instead saw them as a beautiful person with their own talents/traits/perfections/flaws, I knew I could put away the book (which I actually gave to someone to borrow and never got back so ha!) and leave it because I think God's plan is for us to love one another as they are and not because they're a "type X". That book was the instrument to help me see that though and for that, I'm thankful.
      LOL, now I've written a novel! You can gripe all you want and write as long as you want! Judgement-free zone here. :)

      Delete