I (finally) threw away the ugly plastic cups.

Small Disclaimer (more like "I'm going to point this out because you may notice--and if so--I'm putting it out there that I'm already aware of this because if you're anything like me you'll find what you see below to drive you nuts"):

I realize that I'm still grasping more and more knowledge.

Well, duh. When are we ever not? But really folks, when am I ever NOT? 
#BlankStareForDays #NotReallyButSomeTimes #IGotStreetSmartsThough

As Michael Angelo said at the mature age of 87, "I'm still learning". 
I think often on this for comfort when I realize how old I am and feel like a fool when I understand that I don't know all that I thought I should know by now.

But the more I take photos, and then go to edit them, the more I realize just how true that is.

So while you look at these photos, knowing they're nothing like the photos you see on the page of a full-time blogger, or on the website of a professional's, please note that I am so incredibly self taught and am too distracted to study photography to improve. Also, I took these pictures around 7 or 8 pm and used no light other than the light in the kitchen and the yellow light above the range that my objects are resting under, and no flash because I don't like how the flash washes out evvvvvverrrryyyyyything. I'm sure I should have done something with ISO and f-stop as well before snapping away.

**********************************


For the past since-we've-had-small-kids, we've had plastic cups. You know, those cheap, $2 for a pack of 4 cups because why bother spending money on anything that will break when a toddler is around. I kept our glass cups high and out of the way, so much so that I'd forget we even had them and started buying more, ugly, cheap plastic cups until our cabinet was full of them.

Now that our youngest is 8 and while I still see him as the tiny tot who'd lay on the floor, pushing his trains back and forth making choo-choo sounds, I decided it was time to let bygones be bygones and trashed a whole mess of plastic cups in haste while leaving us with nothing more than these mason jar mugs I bought a few months ago, leaving a large void in the cabinets.

And that's what brings me here today.

Our latest addition to the cabinets.


I have been loving The Pioneer Woman's kitchen collection at Walmart. While I am not one who likes the designs and styles of products that Walmart creates, I was quite impressed with PW's when it hit the shelves. I have her salt and pepper shaker, her measuring cups, her cutting board, her strainer, and have been keeping my eye on many more things to soon get (when I can justify it).

Yesterday I went looking for some cute plastic cups. In my attempts I found there was NO SUCH THING unless I wanted Disney or action figures on them.

At this realization, I stumbled across PW's handled mug glasses and while I already have some similar (note the mason jars above), I wanted something a little different. 

But I sure loved her lids. So I bought a pack of four ($4) to add to a growing collection I started a while ago (I believe I bought the gingham lids you see below at the dollar store). Considering I had already PW's straws (12pk for $3), I figured I could buy some plain jars for cheap.


Sure enough, a couple aisles down I found a twelve pack of 12oz jars, for a mere $10.


It was totally worth it.


(Let's hope I won't regret not having any more plastic cups in the house.)

Let's break down the cost:

12pk 12oz Ball Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars: $10
4pk Pioneer Woman Assorted Jar Lids: $4
Gingham Jar Lids: $1 each at Dollar Tree
12pk Pioneer Woman Assorted Plastic Straws: $3
Cute cups and a happy mom: PRICELESS

0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment