Purple eyeshadow, NYC Soho Grand Review

Ever since understanding what looks good and me and what doesn't, I have struggled most with makeup. Generally if I find a color that works great on me, I end up just using that color the most of the time as I find it tiresome to look for a color at the store with their bright florescent lights and then hope it looks good on me and when it doesn't, I'm too lazy to change it and therefore, carry it around on my face the whole day.

So what is awesome about drugstore makeup is that it's relatively cheap enough for error.

A few months ago I bought this:


It looked great on the shelf, I figured it would work for me. Warm creams and browns. I couldn't fail, it was the perfect "Type 3" colors!

I looked gross.
Straight up not right.

But since I only spent two dollars and change on that bad boy, and used it twice, tops, I gave it to a family member who said it would look great on them. 

I honestly have yet to find a set brown eye shadows that would look great on me. 
Explain that one, sweetheart.

I was watching some makeup tutorials and found one of my favorite youtubers showing us how to make her gorgeous, myriad of purples on her eyes.
I realized then that I hadn't worn purple eye shadow in ten+ years. Why ten years? Because that's when the purple eye shadow I bought for my wedding was probably all used up. 
I never bought more purple eye shadow after that...probably because I realized I caught my man, became a baby making machine, started putting makeup last on my priority list and when I did wear makeup, I rarely wore eye shadow.

I sure love this palette! 



2 comments:

  1. You are so brave. Love these videos you do. It's a statement in my mind to your type 3 (getting out there) and secondary 2 (helping others).

    Just a thought, on camera at least, the makeup looks type 2 to me. You look hidden, and bold at all to me.

    Here is what I did. I spent the money one time, for DYT individual eyeshadows that I wanted. I use them on occasion, and mostly I take them to Walmart with me and match them up. I also laid them on my card and got familiar with how they looked on the card (vibration) It's a never fail now, even with the pallet. I also had to buy a few lipsticks and glosses.

    I was spending money on Walmart stuff and giving a lot of it away, more than the cost of a few eyeshadows. it was mostly type 1 (my secondary), thinking the bright was saturated.

    I do see where they usually stick some totally odd ball, non matching color in there .. hate it. As always, thank you for doing these. Hugs, d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diana!

    I don't know if I'm so brave as I just figure no one is going to be watching these! LOL! You're very kind to say that.

    The colors do look Type 2! I know the middle, odd color that I didn't wear is definitely Type 3 I also have a blue eye shadow palette that is Type 3 as well as a hunter green eyeshadow that I enjoy wearing that is Type 3 but they don't go on very dark, or, at least I don't put them on dark. Maybe I'm just too scared! ;)

    When I want contrast I mainly just use a cream eye shadow with the liquid liner. :)

    Thanks for your tip! What a great idea! I love your ideas so please, keep them coming!

    Sending ya a big hug back! <3

    ReplyDelete