My style today.

How I wish I had an amazing camera and that my house was full of windows to allow in the best natural light so I can show off the true colors of my wardrobe!

Since May, and since this post, I've been doing (read: wearing) my own thing.


It's liberation, if you ask me. I don't feel so tied down to a color scheme if I'm feeling like wearing something that a system says I'll look terrible in. And I have friends who will see me in black and saying in a joking, yet serious tone, "Ohhhhh Ladee! You know I cringe with that color on you!"

I've embrace the knowledge that everyone has their own energy and the need to have the energy of the colors you're wearing match your energy. And I do believe that we women, for the most part, have our own "beauty sixth sense". We know what looks good for us. I was looking at some of DYT's "Before and After"'s and noticed that a lot of these women WERE in fact wearing their Type's colors, but just didn't know how to style themselves correctly.

But sometimes our energy is simmered due to stress/anxiety/depression and other times our energies are burning bright due to excitement/happiness/love.
And I know that if I'm wearing what looks good on me, I'll feel leaps and bounds better than if I didn't while feeling down. But sometimes my mood calls for a muted-colored shirt because my anxiety levels are high and I don't want the visual noise some Type 3 colors give me (and I still hate brown. I know that's a calm color, but I don't like it so I almost never wear it).

I am so glad I don't have the color cards and now understand the reason as to why I wasn't to purchase any of DYT's programs. As much as I like the Type 3 colors and as much as it's a great example of colors to show you, to me though, it doesn't make me as happy looking at it like I hoped it would. Maybe it's the way the colors are lined up on the card (OCD anyone?), maybe it's because I feel like every color has been overlayed with brown, via photoshop, but something just doesn't enamor me like I thought it would upon first seeing it.

But still, of all the Type color cards, I love those colors the best. Duh.

I'm sticking with autumn colors. I still love those rich berry colors, burnt oranges, reds, and yellows.

But I also like white.
And I like black.

Some days I think I look hideous in black and others, I think I look pretty darn good! Especially if I load my accessories as Type 3 accessories.
If Type 3 colors are pure hues mixed with black then shouldn't the colors look good WITH black? That's something I've always wondered. I have a girlfriend that is a Type 3/1 and one Sunday she came to church in a black dress and looked incredible. I remember thinking, "WAIT, she's not supposed to look good in the black and yet, I can't stop admiring her outfit!" She donned a deep blue jean jacket with chunky, Type 3 accessories that, to me, put her whole look together and turned BLACK into a Type 3 color.

I got a comment the other day, stating that people are getting kicked off of DYT groups because they're posting how they wear black pants or shoes but they aren't a Type 4.

HOLY.
COW.
Please tell me I read that wrong.

I wear black gym clothes. I like them.
I have black pants. I like them too.
I have black socks and black shoes. Keeping those!
I have black shirts. I have no desire to throw them out. Although I have a pile waiting to be bleached.
I have black lingerie. And Mr Hunter does NOT care whether they're the right color for me.

But I'm still a happy, proud, Type 3, secondary Type 2 woman who admires the DYT system.

So anyways, to reiterate: My style today is pretty much the same as before but I have decided to do more "mood styling". More often than not, I'll go to put on a white, grey, or black shirt, take one look at myself in the mirror and go, "YUCK!" and will rip it off before finding another. But I've got to tell ya, last week I wore a jersey-colored grey shirt and loved it so much I wore it the next day.

I still love my chunky accessories, big (and warmer colored) hair, winged eye-liner but have changed my makeup in the sense that I'm trying to have more contrast, especially with eyeshadow colors. I love dramatic outfits. I love layers upon layers and I just LOVE that sexy can be shown through complete modesty.

I love pushing the envelope as to how far I can go while still looking appealing. It's fun! I think everyone should give it a try!

And how I WISH I had a better camera so I can show you all I wear, all the time, so you can see just how simple it is to beef up a wardrobe to look appealing. All you really need is the right fit and the right colors (or the right MOOD COLORS)!
I've asked Santa for a Canon T3i. Maybe he'll deliver. :D

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm a type 1/4 in Carol's system, but sci art has me as a soft autumn. I'm like you, I take pictures, see what looks good and go with that. All of these systems are just a springboard for developing personal style. And yes, you can change the appearance of a color by putting other colors with a "bad" color...lot cheaper too :-)

    ReplyDelete