Are Late People Selfish?

Just moments after uploading this video, I did a Google search of: "late people are selfish article". I guess I wanted to believe that maybe I wouldn't find anything. That I would be the only one who had heard that "late people are selfish". But instead I wound up with pages of articles, some written in even heated and frustrated tones, over having to wait for someone.

I have found for myself that those who are late are never intentionally late to hurt the person who is waiting on them. Just as I would never intend to say or do anything to hurt someone, I have anyway.

Just as I don't have the "Organizational" or "Creative" mental chip that many of my friends have, some people don't have the "Time" or "Consideration" mental chip like others have. We are all wired differently. Neither person is better than the other and we're all fools if we are to ever think so.

But when I spent nearly an hour waiting on a friend, almost to the point of calling off our lunch date due to the embarrassment I felt as well as frustration of having to tediously watch the time tick by on my watch, when I had a limited time to be there before another appointment, I considered the words "late people are selfish" in a new perspective.



0 Inspiring Comments:

Post a Comment